WOMEN - SLAATS CUP PLAYOFFS
* Top 6 teams qualify for playoffs
* Teams are seeded, 1-6, based on total regular season conference points
* First Round: Two games (plus mini-game, if necessary)
Feb 23-25, 2018
#6 at #1
#5 at #2
#4 at #3
* Championship Weekend: Single-game elimination (play until a winner is determined) at highest remaining seed
Mar 2-3 or 3-4, 2018
GM 1, Semifinal: 3rd-highest seed vs 2nd-highest seed
GM 2: GM 1 winner vs Host
TWO-GAME SERIES / MINIGAME FORMAT
* Two games are played with standard NCAA rules applying (single 5:00 OT).
* Games 1 and 2 can end in an OT tie.
* If the two games are split or if both end in a tie, a 20-minute minigame is played. At the end of the second game, the ice shall be resurfaced and there is a 15-minute intermission. Starting lineups are announced before the minigame, as in a regular game, and the teams will play the full 20 minutes, regardless of score. Should the game be tied after the 20 minutes, the teams will play 20-minute sudden-death overtimes periods.
Most overall conference wins
Wins vs all teams with more points than the tied teams
Goal differential in games between tied team only
Coin flip, conducted by Commissioner